International professional speaker, sustainability coach and green procurement consultant Lorraine Jenks is a leader in motivating green initiatives in both the corporate and private sectors.
With over 45 years of experience in environmental activism and a sense of humour to match, get ready for a professional but personal experience from “The Little Green Queen” where personality and positive energy balance the seriousness of the topics at hand.
Gutsy, witty and passionate, Lorraine started her journey as an activist in California in 1969 – and has never looked back! With two leading online companies to her name, she is qualified to speak knowledgeably and practically on environmental awareness, going green, climate change and environmental ethics.
WHAT I DO
- Inspirational speaker
- Keynote speaker
- Master of Ceremonies
- Panel moderator
- Sustainability auditor
HOW I DO IT DIFFERENTLY
- I don't lecture, I provoke thought that shifts mindsets.
- I entertain by using images and sprinklings of humour to balance serious content.
- If necessary, rattle the collective mind-set of your leaders.
- I give decision-makers permission to think differently; provoke new thinking.
- I leave my audiences smiling, informed and inspired to make to make better choices.
WHAT WILL YOU GET
- Clear and professional explanations of the challenges.
- Clear and easy tools, practices and solutions to adopt.
- Academic presentations for companies and education bodies.
- Entertaining presentations for clubs and societies.
- A mixture of both to encourage buy-in from your group.
TedxLytteltonWoman - Gurus have guts. Just do it.
Ranging from large professional conferences to gatherings of a more personal nature, Lorraine speaks, educates and shifts mindsets on:
- Sustainability – Energy, Water, Waste, Operations and Procurement
- Green Guidelines for Professional Procurement Officers – All products
- Going Green: Why, what and how
- Sustainable and Ethical Food and Catering
- Responsible Tourism and Hospitality – Economic, Social, Environmental and Political
- Sustainable Green Design Lifestyle/ Décor/ Fashion
- Climate Change in Africa – The Effect and How to Adapt. For Families, Tourism, Business and Agriculture
- Inspirational and light hearted "keynote-with-a-message" – to entertain a social group, club, dinner function
- Green Gurus have Guts - TedX talk
- The joy of working for yourself and succeeding in your 60s.
Lorraine has presented at scores of conferences and has organised workshops and seminars as far afield as Ghana and China, including:
- Tourism Indaba (own breakaway seminar, 6 years running)
- BBC Lifestyle/DSTV Grand Designs Theatre
- SA Youth Travel Conference
- Decorex Theatre
- Hostex Edu-Theatre
- Getaway Conference
- Facilities Management Conference
- Waste Management Pan African Convention
- Hotel Investment Conf TBCSA
- Wastex Africa Summit
- Event Greening Forum
- Professional Speakers International Convention
- Tedcor Awards Gala
- Independent Examinations Board (IEB) training
- SAEE (Southern African Energy Efficiently) – Women in Energy
- African Hotel Investment Convention - Ghana
- Sustain and Build Africa Conference
- Fiera Milano Hospitality and Food
- Food for Thought Conference – CTICC 2 panels
- Green Drinks International – Cape Town
- Green Drinks International - Sandton
- 15 Workshops for Eskom’s IDM programme
- Africa Waste Summit (2 panels)
- The Free State Green Summit (2 keynotes)
- Slow Food Festival, Beijing, China
- RESTOA Tourism Standards, Africa
- Smart Procurement Conference 2014 and 2016
- Hotelier Summit Africa (2 keynotes)
- SAPICS regional workshops
- Green Tourism Summit in Kenya - 3 keynotes (Climate, Food, Procurement)
- TEDx Lyttelton
KEYNOTES & WORKSHOPS
TRAINING & CONSULTING
Several of the these venues where Lorraine trained or consulted have gone on to win top international sustainability awards:
- Vineyard Hotel
- Fancourt Hotel and Golf Estate
- Southern Sun Hotel Sandton
- Intercontinental Hotel Sandton
- Palazzo Hotel Montecasino
- Hotel Verde
- The Peech Hotel
- Indaba Hotel
- Lilizela Imvelo Responsible Tourism Environmental Award (Chief Judge for 2 years)
5 of the 12 awards Lorraine has been awarded have been for some of these projects:
- Hostex – Complete Eco Hotel (twice – top award)
- Hostex – Exhibition stand (10 years)
- Decorex - Complete Eco Green Home (twice – top award)
- Decorex – Exhibition stand (5 years)
- BBC Lifestyle/DSTV Grand Designs – Home of the Future
- Inspire Design and Décor – Greenstuff Eco Suite (2 awards)
- Tourism Indaba – Exhibition (4 years running)
- Fiera Milano Hospitality and Food - exhibition
- Good Food and Wine Show - exhibition
- Facilities Management Conference - exhibition
- Eskom IDM (we organised 15 nationwide workshops and exhibitions)
EXHIBITIONS & PROJECTS
International trends in food have changed.
Recently Lorraine ran the first such conference in South Africa: a professional, academic, double-blindexperiment to formally compare organic and commercial foods.
Eight speakers, 100 chefs, caterers and food professionals.
Identical meals prepared by Prue Leith Chefs Academy.
A sit down lunch for chefs to judge differences in taste.
And - most importantly – to compare costs.
SUSTAINABLE AND ETHICAL FOOD
MAKING MANGAUNG THE GREEN CAPITAL OF SOUTH AFRICA
Thank you so much for adding colour, warmth, passion, laughter and most importantly insight to the 2015 MCCI “Making Mangaung the Green Capital of South Africa” Conference.
Your intimate knowledge on the topic “The what, why and how of going Green” set a solid foundation for the event!
You are truly an asset to the event industry!
PETER METCALFE (Chairman)
The Foundation For The Development Of Africa
PROFESSIONAL SPEAKERS ASSOCIATION OF SA
As a fellow professional speaker my expectations are generally high -- Lorraine exceeded mine.
Lorraine not only shares her insightful wisdom with finesse and professionalism, she does so with brilliant humour keeping you engaged and attentive.
Every human being should have the privilege of listening to and being inspired by Lorraine.
CELYNN ERASMUS REGISTERED DIETICIAN,
Professional Speaker, Author, Passionate Foodie
PAUL du TOIT - Professional Speaker - CPS
Folks, this lady is one cracker of a speaker with a very important message, expertly delivered. Do yourself a favour and go and see her.
Paul du Toit, PSASA, CSP
JONI PEDDIE - Professional Speaker
Lorraine speaks with kowledge, integrity and authority on her subjects. But that's not what makes her captivate her audience - she is clear, practical and has a teriffic sense of humour. But more importantly... watch this lady... she will leave a legacy!
Joni Peddie, CEO, BizCom. PSASA Professional Speaker
SAPICS - SA Supply Chain Professionals
They say that dynamite comes in small packages and they are right. Lorraine Jenks is dynamite. Her frank, factual and direct presentation on Sustainable and Green Procurement at the SAPICS Regional Conferences was both interesting and enjoyable and was highly rated by the attendees.
Lorraine tells it like it is and challenges her audience to heed her recommendations in terms of lifestyle changes and to influence business to be more environmentally conscious as they pursue their objectives. Lorraine changed some of my paradigms and I encourage you, if you have to opportunity to hear what she has to say.
Mungo Park, President, SAPICS
HOSPITALITY INVESTMENT CONFERENCE AFRICA
On behalf of the Tourism Business Council of South Africa board, the sponsors and partners of HICA 2012, we wish to express our thanks and gratitude for your contribution and participation at the conference.
We believe that your session certainly contributed excellently towards the overall conference theme of “Recharge & Refocus”.
The discussions both in the plenary and breakaway sessions were lively and intellectually stimulating.
HICA Convener and TBCSA Chief Executive Officer
AFRICA HOTEL SUMMIT, GHANA
I want to thank you once more for presenting at the Africa Hotel Summit last month in Ghana.
Your unique style of presenting definitely woke up the audience and made them aware of the necessity of ecological and responsible procurement in the hospitality sector in Africa.
The humour and pictures during the presentation were a fresh breeze during the heavy loaded conference without missing their goal: Many delegates rated your presentation amongst the highest regarding new insights and useful information and I’m positive that they will keep your message in the back of their heads when looking at new projects.
Thanks again and we hope to see you at a future hotel summit!
Conference Manager Africa, Lnoppen Bvba, Belgium
EVENT GREENING FORUM
You’re the best! Your presentations are interesting and informative.
I love the style in which you present with authenticity and honesty.
You get the audience in the palm of your hand because they wonder what you’re going to say next!
I have heard you four times this year and I want to hear you speak again.
Chairman, Event Greening Forum, South Africa